Frustrated by not finding a recipe that was chocked full of fiber, yet still simple to put together; I created my own fiber rich vegetarian recipe. Feel free to adapt or add fruit and/or nuts. This recipe could also easily be adaptable to a vegan muffin recipe.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1-2 tsp. sweetener (brown sugar)
1 cup Soy milk (or vanilla soy milk)
1/4 cup Greek nonfat yogurt
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix dry ingredients. Set aside
2. Beat egg slightly. Add yogurt and milk.
3. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
4. Spray muffin cups with oil.
5. Fill muffin cups 1/2- 3/4 way full, depending on desired muffin size.
6. Bake 11-15 minutes. Muffins are done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.